Supporters leave comments setting out their reasons for signing the petition.
Yekra is a revolutionary new distribution network for feature films.
Femme “A celebration of women around the world actively transforming and healing our global society. Sharon Stone and leading experts in religion, science, history, politics and entertainment, discuss solutions to the multiple crisis’ we are faced with. Femme focuses on utilizing a feminine approach with nurturing energy to inspire a new hope for the future.”
We need 100 signatures on this petition ASAP
Join our FB page: www.facebook.com/symposiumonwomeninarts
- Women benefit from 1-5% of public funding of the Arts. WIMUST Report
- Women pay 53% of the taxes on the planet but make 64-75 cents on the dollar men make
- Women contribute 93% of their income to their families. Men contribute 43% to their families.
- Of 134 NEA Jazz Master Awards since 1982 with a $25,000 honorarium, only 15 women received this award
- Lilly Ledbetter’s Fair Pay Restoration Act, signed by Pres. Obama in 2009 does not include women musicians
- Girls In The Band a film by Judy Chaikin interview on my show MUSICWOMAN Radio
- Ellen Seeling, Montclair Women’s Big Band (CA) See this video I made of interview on KCBS with Ellen Seeling:
- Dotti Anita Taylor former President of IWJ (NY)
- Nicki Mathis, founder of The Many Colors of Women (Conn.)
- Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn, filmmaker
- Patricia Adkins-Chiti, President of Fondazione Adkins-Chiti: Donne in Musica and photos of women composers in Europe last July 2014 at the WIMUST Conference
- See the WIMUST Report
Since 1997, I have been a proponent of women musicians, particularly, composers. My radio show MUSICWOMAN has featured over 200 women composers. My organization WOMEN IN JAZZ SOUTH FLORIDA, INC. is a global non-profit organization of women musicians and other women and men who support them. We have 247 members, 125 musicians, 49 male members. Our members are from around the USA, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Germany, Australia, Brazil, Angola and India.
In August 2013, I published the first issue of MUSICWOMAN MAGAZINE to feature women musicians in a print format. We are seeking advertisement to fund the printed edition.
My paper Conscious Inclusion of Women Musicians was published and presented in Romania in December 2012.
In July 2013, I was one of 40 women composers at the 3rd WIMUST Conference in Fiuggi, Italy, where the agenda was dominated by discussion about the inequity of earning opportunities for women musicians.
In January 2014, we will release our 4th compilation CD of women’s music.
Overall, I believe that the messages in women’s music are not being heard by society-at-large, which accounts for the high amount of violence and competition in the world.